Friday, September 23, 2011

Catching up

So after four days of on-the-job training, I finally had my assessment last Saturday.  I passed!  That means that I am able to work on my own; although, so far I have had a booth partner with me in case I have any questions or forget anything I am supposed to know.

Sunday was ANOTHER training day: product knowledge.  Basically, our leaders reviewed all four Disney theme parks, as well as the water parks, DisneyQuest, golf courses, and ESPN Wide World of Sports.  We learned about the main attractions of each park in order to get our guests excited about the attractions and buy our tickets!

I had my first day on my own Monday.  It went really well - it wasn't very busy, and there were no extraordinary things that I had to deal with.  I have had three shifts alone, and they have all gone well.  I am learning more everyday, and things seem to be getting easier as time goes on.

I had my first class on Tuesday.  I am taking a corporate analysis class this semester.  My professor is very enthusiastic and seems knowledgeable about all things Disney.  I will have the class once a week for three hours and will usually have an assignment due every week.

After class, I went to Epcot with two of my roommates.  We rode the popular thrill rides, including Test Track, Mission Space, and, my favorite, Soarin'.  Then we went around the World Showcase, visiting 9 of the 11 countries.  We had lunch in Morocco, where I had a falafel wrap.  It was pretty good.  My favorite part was the couscous!  One of the last countries we visited was France.  We went through the perfume and wine shops and finally visited a patisserie, and I got some creme brulee, my favorite dessert!  I have had better, but it was pretty good!

That evening, I went to Magic Kingdom with some friends (fellow vacation planners) for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  The party features various trick-or-treat spots, a Villains show, the "Boo to You" parade, and halloween/fall themed decorations.  My favorite part, however, was not having to wait in line to ride the rides!  We got onto Space Mountain with not one person in front of us in line!

I finally have a full day off (as in no class or work) today, and I went to the pool with my roommate, Megan, and we had lunch at a restaurant by our apartment.  Tonight I am having dinner with my aunt and uncle.  Tomorrow I have work at 1:30.  It will be my first weekend shift on my own.  Hopefully it isn't overwhelmingly busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment