I just realized it has been a month since I last posted on here. A lot has happened in the past 31 days. So, I'm going to catch everyone up in this post.
Work has been great. I feel that I am really getting the hang of all the quirks of the job. For the month of September, I earned a "silver" level reward. The highest possible for a month is "gold," so I am very pleased with myself for my first month on the job. We are awarded based on the types of tickets we sell, with number of days on the ticket being assigned a certain point value and add-ons (i.e. park hopper, water park option, no expiration option) add points to the value. The total number of points is divided by the number of tickets sold. I chose to redeem my "silver" reward in the form of a $70 gift card to Publix grocery store. Glamorous, isn't it?
At the beginning of October, I took a few days off to fly home to Austin. I got to spend time with my family and friends I haven't been able to see in awhile. Saturday I drove up to Dallas with some friends to go to the Texas-Oklahoma football game. Even though the Horns lost, I still had a great time! I had to fly back on Monday, but I was grateful for the time I could spend at home. I have been homesick since I have been back, but I realize I am really only here for two more months, so I'm going to make the most of it!
Last week, one of my roommates decided to leave the program. She was having issues with lack of communication with her leaders and decided the program wasn't for her. I took it kind of hard. Not only did I want her to stay, I was also afraid that her leaving would motivate me or other roommates to leave. So far, though, everyone is adjusting well. And now I have a bedroom and bathroom all to myself. I tried to convince my roommate, Morgan, to move into my room, (we are the closest in the apartment), but she thought it would be easier to stay put. It is possible that the second bed will remain empty for the rest of my time here. But it is more likely that someone will transfer into the apartment (and into my room) for whatever reason.
I have a midterm exam tomorrow in my class, so I need to start studying for that soon ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment