Monday, September 12, 2011

Vacation Planning Core Class

For five days, from last Tuesday until this past Saturday, I participated in Core class for Vacation Planning.  With me were four other VPs - another from Epcot, and one from each of the other three parks.  We learned all about the computer system that produces and prints Disney theme park tickets, the different types of vouchers, will calls, tickets, etc., how to greet and interact with guests, and how to make the best fit ticket packages for those guests.  The other VPs and I became close, and our facilitators were very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful.

The day after Core ended, I dove right into On-the-Job training (OJT).  For the past two days, I have been in a ticket booth actually interacting with guests, using all of the skills learned in Core to make guests feel welcome and feel that they got the best ticket for their vacation.  I have OJT for two more days, and on Saturday I have my assessment to make sure I am ready to take off the training wheels (which includes a flag on my name tag which says "Earning my Ears").

I have been very tired the past few days, waking up around 5:30 in order to get ready, pack my lunch, and get to the bus in time for my clock in at 7:30.  After training, I am more likely to have later shifts (at 9:30 or 1:30, for instance), which will be nice, so I won't have to go to sleep at 10 o'clock every night :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment